Sunday, February 26, 2012

Inspiration- Do You What You Do

Here's some inspiration for the upcoming week!

(slight girl crush)

(I'm beginning to learn this)

(It's never too late for a fresh start)

The next topic I would like to touch on- is doing you. Lately I feel like my life has been changing in so many different areas that it can be hard to bring myself back to reality and remember what it is that makes me- me. Since graduating college, moving back home, starting a job, and trying to lead a semi functional and independent lifestyle, life seems to be changing on a daily basis. Now that I'm not constantly surrounded by friends or even others my age, I've noticed that I've started developing myself as a person. By no means do I mean drastically, but in little ways such as listening to different music, dressing differently, and my overall outlook on life. (I guess this is also called growing up?) I think when your in college and around the same group of people constantly, it can be difficult to distinguish what you actually like and what everyone else likes that you just go along with. Anyone else know what I mean? So in light of this new realization...


Yours truly,
Em




6 comments:

MonicaLeeBlog said...

This is such a great post!! I also have a slight girl crush on Gwyneth. I've learned so much about myself in the past few years and even though becoming "a real grown up" is terrifying it's so cool to look back & see how much you've grown. Do what ya do girl! :]

Cori H. said...

I agree with you! You just gotta do what's best for you and finally become the person you are. I've been realizing that a lot for the past few months. Becoming a grown up is hard stuff!

Awkward adventures of a Food Enthusiast said...

it's ya thing girl, do what you wanna do.....

you will be fine and i completely agree about changing. since living by myself i started listening to katy perry?

Allyson McGuire said...

Thanks for this post! Sometimes we all need this sort of inspiration!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

Glad you are figuring out things! Don't get discouraged. We ALL go thru it at some point in time! Do what's best for you and you will always be alright!

A Brew of Blessings said...

Lovin' the inspiration! I know a sweet wise women who always says, "Time to put your big girl pants on". I use that one often :)

Wishing you a wonderful week gal!
Tara xo