Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy Sunday!

I know what you're thinking... do I even exist anymore? I apologize for the extreme absence I took from posting but I assure you that this past week was crammed with business and also a few mental breakdowns." Post college/where is my life going/what am I going to do" thoughts semi filled my week and as a result I seemed to have taken a mental vacation from civilization. I'll post later this week more on my mental breakdown but for now lets discuss how I've been spending my long weekend!

Friday night I headed up to Baltimore to see my best friend for her boyfriend's birthday! I made both Alison and Aaron a special treat that included gluten free cupcakes for her and jalapeno bacon poppers for him!



We went to the same bar we went to a few weeks ago, Howl At The Moon and had such a great time!


Saturday was spent in recovery mode and a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few items for today's breakfast... Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. I make breakfast for my family every Sunday and this week, eggs benedict was requested.

(Not my actual picture)

It turned out amazing and definitely something I will make again. Also while pursuing the isles of the grocery store I picked up a few items I wanted to try out desperately needed...

I put this on my ends last night before going to bed while my hair was dry to see if it could help my dry ends, I'll let you know how it works!

As for today I will be heading to hot yoga! I signed up a month at a local yoga studio and am so looking forward to getting back into hot yoga! Also on my to do list today is to find a new pair of sheets, I would love to get a set of jersey sheets and am thinking I will find them at Target. Does anyone have jersey sheets? If so let me know how you like them!

Also I've chosen to include the anthem to my weekend, a song that is been on repeat all weekend...


Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
Yours truly,
Em

4 comments:

Allyson McGuire said...

That all looks so great! I need to work on my cooking skills...it's about time they caught up with my eating skills. Thanks for sharing!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

those cupcakes look so yummy! =]

Miranda said...

yummy food! i really want to try those bacon jalapeno poppers! good luck at the hot yoga! that sounds so interesting!

Awkward adventures of a Food Enthusiast said...

holy cow, that eggs benedict sounds amazing!!!!! I want to try! Love you em!