Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Recap

This past weekend I traveled back to Richmond to catch up with friends and also babysit overnight for a family I have known since in high school. It was such a good weekend and I am so glad I was able to catch up with so many friends in Richmond, as well as spend time with my favorite 3 and 5 year old. Here's a bit of how the weekend looked...

Friday I got into town and actually stopped by my old hospital to visit and say hi to my old coworkers.I hadn't seen or talked to most since I left back in October so it was really nice to see them and catch up. Next I headed to run a few errands, one of which included stopping to pick up a few new beauty products (post to come.) Once errands were out of the way I headed out to dinner to meet 3 of my closest friends in Richmond for a fun girls night dinner at Lucys. I had never been to Lucys but our meal was amazing and I would definitely suggest it if you are in the Richmond area. They have a farm to table concept and we all loved our meals. I went with the spaghetti squash and "meatballs" made from avocado, artichokes, and spinach... so amazing. 

After dinner I met up with more friends for a fun evening out. I wish our picture had turned out but we were having so much fun I didn't bother to get another one. 

Saturday morning I headed to babysit and boy did we have a busy day. I have known these boys since they were babies and have loved watching them grow up. We ended up going to the Farmers Marker, Sugar Shack for donuts, the Children's museum, and our last stop was the grocery store. I thought it would be fun to make homemade pizzas with the boys and while only one of them wanted to try it, he loved it and actually did a great job. 


Sunday morning obviously called for pancakes and of course coffee for myself while the boys played on the Wii. 


After breakfast I pulled the boys away from the TV and we ventured to Bryd Park to check out the fountain and birds. The weather was so nice and the boys enjoyed walking around the pond looking at the different ducks. 


I had so much fun babysitting but have to admit I was a bit relieved when their parents got home earlier then they expected. Watching two boys for the weekend was no joke and I give major props to all the momma's out there. Going to the grocery store with a 3 and 5 year and making it out without so much more then we needed and only a few things knocked was a miracle. By the time I got back to North Carolina, I was beyond tired and didn't get stay up to catch Revenge. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Yours truly, 
Emily Ann




No comments: