Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Eats

A few weekends ago when I went home I tried this amazing dish from pinterest and it did not disappoint. It was so easy to make, healthy, and tasted great! I didn't follow the recipe exactly but followed along for the most part. If you are looking for a tasty, healthy, quick meal for the week definitely try this out!

Quinoa Spinach Mac n' Cheese


Ingredients:
3 cups cooked quinoa
Baby Spinach
1 package of sharp shredded cheese
1 cup of milk
Panko (I did not use this)
Nutmeg (Didn't use this either)



1. Begin by measuring out and cooking quinoa according to cooking instructions
2. Once quinoa is cooked, while still in pot, add milk and shredded cheese- fold together.
3. Add 2 large handful of baby spinach, continue stirring until its well mixed together
4. Spread mixture into baking dish and top with more shredded sharp cheddar 
5. Bake for 15-20 min. at 350.
Enjoy!

Here's what mine looked like before I put it in the oven
There were plenty of leftovers and it was one of those dishes that tasted even better the next day!

Happy Tuesday Y'all

Yours truly,
Em


1 comment:

My Life as A Plate said...

This looks amazing! I love a good mac and cheese recipe and I love spinach! Perfect combo, cannot wait to try this!