Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday Eats

Happy Thursday loves. Sorry for the lack of posting this week, work has been nuts and I've been trying to get back on my workout game. I actually ended up signing up for a 10k next weekend. Yes you read that right... I just now signed up for a 10k next weekend. Mind you I have not run over 3 miles in a LONG time so we'll see how it goes. It's actually the Monument 10k, which is a pretty big deal here in Richmond if you've ever heard of it. 


I'm pretty excited because it will not only be my first race but also my dad will be in town to cheer me on! So here goes to training in a week... wish me luck. 

Today I am sharing a recipe that I made this week for the first time and I am OBSESSED. I know, me obsessed with something.. shocking. You have to try this dish, its amazing.

Sauteed kale with white beans and tofu

You will need:
- Kale
- Cannelloni beans
- Yellow onion
- Garlic 
- Extra firm tofu
- Toasted sesame oil - optional 

Begin by cubing the tofu. Place tofu on tinfoil lined baking sheet and bake for 10-20 minutes at 375 degrees. (Toss halfway through)

To saute the kale, I used toasted sesame oil but you could really use any oil you want, I chose this because I felt it gave it a nice earthy full flavor. 

Begin by sauteing the onion and garlic in the oil, then add kale and cook until it begins to wilt. 
Add beans towards the last few minutes.

Add tofu in with kale, sprinkle with a little mozzarella and enjoy!

This was my first time cooking with kale and I am so excited to use it again! It even made for a great lunch the next day!


Have you tried cooking with kale?



Yours truly, 

No comments: