Monday, March 18, 2013

Here Goes Nothing... 7 Day Cleanse




Today's title kinda gives away today's topic... that's right ladies... I am doing a cleanse. I've wanted to try a cleanse for some time now but have never gotten up the actual courage to do it. Last week one of my best friends did a cleanse and inspired me to try the same one this week!

This is the cleanse I will be trying for the next 7 days- Whole Foods Brand 365 7 Day Quick Cleanse. 

It is a whole body cleanse and is broken down into 3 steps- 2 pills and a drink in the morning and 3 pills and another drink at night. You are allowed to eat while on the cleanse but they do tell you to eat as healthy and as clean as possible. I made sure to stock up on lots of fruits and veggies and more green tea. The cleanse says to try and eliminate alcohol and caffeine while trying it out... easier said then done when I have a dose of each everyday, well almost. 

I know there are a lot of controversies over cleanses and if they really benefit you or not and while I can see how people may think their bit extreme, I also can see the benefits. I think it will feel great to rid my body of all the toxins it comes in contact with on a daily basis, and that's coming from someone who eats a pretty clean diet as is. The truth is, someone was in town this past week, which lead to me barely making it to the gym and indulging in way too many unhealthy meals and snacks. I am looking at this cleanse as a way to get back on track and possibly even motivate me to make healthier decisions when its over. I will be sure to give updates throughout the week on how things are going and I'm also going to try and remember to check my weight throughout the week to see if anything is fluctuating. 

As for this past weekend... unfortunately I worked both Saturday and Sunday but I did manage to sneak in some fun...(good thing this cleanse has a liver cleanse as well, mine may have taken a hit this weekend)

Starting the weekend off with a Laughing Dog

Beer tasting with friends at a local brewery- Center of The Universe in Ashland. 

Ending the weekend in a cozy bath with my favorite candle burning. 





Yours truly,

3 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Good Luck! Dying to know how it goes.
xo, ann e

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

sounds like a GREAT idea!! anxious to hear your results! :)
(kale chips recipe = tear into bite size pieces, spread evenly on cookie sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil and tiny amount of salt, and bake for 15 mins at 350!)

Madeline said...

All that beer looks delicious! I have definitely been getting more into breweries. Keep us updated on the cleanse, have been wanting to try one... but I'm also a big fan of beer so that could be hard :-/. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a new city, I will keep it in mind!