Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Day Of Fall + Fall Bucketlist



Anyone else thrilled that the first day of Fall is officially here? This morning I was actually a bit chilly and wished I had given in and worn boots and a jacket. Like most everyone I am a lover of everything fall and I am so excited that the season has finally arrived. What better way to celebrate the first day of fall then by making a list of things I would like to do this season...

1. Go to a pumpkin patch and either carve or paint a pumpkin 
(Last year a group of girlfriends and I got together for a pumpkin craft and wine night and could have have had a better time. I am thinking it is definitely a repeat for this year.


2. Bake an apple pie- this is the recipe I used last year and it was so yummy and easy. 



3. Go to a state fair. Being that I am moving this weekend, the NC state fair starts October 16th and I can't wait to check it out! 



4. Try a new tailgating recipe. I am horrible about bringing food to tailgates and am normally the one that provides the mimosa ingredients, an important job nonetheless. With a handful of games left in the season I have decided to try at least one new recipe to bring for game day. 


5. Go to winery with friends. Going to a winery with a group of friends is by one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday or Sunday. There's not a ton of wineries in the Raleigh/Durham area but I'm sure a little getaway wouldn't hurt either.


While I am sure the list could go on and go I would like to keep things pretty basic as I know the next few months with moving and beginning a new job will be busy. 

What are some things on your Fall to do list?

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann


6 comments:

Annsterw said...

That dip looks amazing!!! YUMMY!!! I cannot bake to save my life but the house smells awesome when I TRY!!! HA

Tess said...

I would like to accomplish ALL of these items! Have you seen any of the "basic bitch" buzzfeeds? There was one that was the fall edition and....I'm clearly a very basic bitch! ;)

April of Smidge Of This said...

I am a sucker for a state fair. They are always full of people-watching, that is for sure ... and fried foods. Both of which I love!

Unknown said...

Love the bucket list!! I just made 3 new tailgate dips for our trip to Tuscaloosa last weekend. I need to share them all with y'all. That pepperjack dip looks amazing too!!

Carly said...

Pumpkin painting is on my list this year too! And apple pie as well-- I'm craving some now after seeing that picture!

Unknown said...

ohhh i want that dip!! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a Graphic Image datebook giveaway on cornflake dreams