Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Day Of Fall + Fall Bucketlist



Anyone else thrilled that the first day of Fall is officially here? This morning I was actually a bit chilly and wished I had given in and worn boots and a jacket. Like most everyone I am a lover of everything fall and I am so excited that the season has finally arrived. What better way to celebrate the first day of fall then by making a list of things I would like to do this season...

1. Go to a pumpkin patch and either carve or paint a pumpkin 
(Last year a group of girlfriends and I got together for a pumpkin craft and wine night and could have have had a better time. I am thinking it is definitely a repeat for this year.


2. Bake an apple pie- this is the recipe I used last year and it was so yummy and easy. 



3. Go to a state fair. Being that I am moving this weekend, the NC state fair starts October 16th and I can't wait to check it out! 



4. Try a new tailgating recipe. I am horrible about bringing food to tailgates and am normally the one that provides the mimosa ingredients, an important job nonetheless. With a handful of games left in the season I have decided to try at least one new recipe to bring for game day. 


5. Go to winery with friends. Going to a winery with a group of friends is by one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday or Sunday. There's not a ton of wineries in the Raleigh/Durham area but I'm sure a little getaway wouldn't hurt either.


While I am sure the list could go on and go I would like to keep things pretty basic as I know the next few months with moving and beginning a new job will be busy. 

What are some things on your Fall to do list?

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann


6 comments:

Ann Wolfe said...

That dip looks amazing!!! YUMMY!!! I cannot bake to save my life but the house smells awesome when I TRY!!! HA

Tess said...

I would like to accomplish ALL of these items! Have you seen any of the "basic bitch" buzzfeeds? There was one that was the fall edition and....I'm clearly a very basic bitch! ;)

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

I am a sucker for a state fair. They are always full of people-watching, that is for sure ... and fried foods. Both of which I love!

Annie {Home of Malones} said...

Love the bucket list!! I just made 3 new tailgate dips for our trip to Tuscaloosa last weekend. I need to share them all with y'all. That pepperjack dip looks amazing too!!

Carly Blogs Here said...

Pumpkin painting is on my list this year too! And apple pie as well-- I'm craving some now after seeing that picture!

Jillian Manesh said...

ohhh i want that dip!! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a Graphic Image datebook giveaway on cornflake dreams