Thursday, September 4, 2014

A New Adventure



Happy Thursday friends! I apologize for the silence yesterday, this week has been insane and I am about to tell you why! It's no surprise that I absolutely love North Carolina and escape there any chance I can. Last year I applied to a position in the Raleigh area and was devastated when I didn't get it. I had felt so confident and thought the interview had gone so well I couldn't figure out what had gone wrong.  However rather then dwelling I kept working hard at my current job in Richmond and actually switched to a new role with more of a specialization and took on a whole new set of roles and responsibilities. Well as luck would have it, a few months ago the same job became available and I was contacted for an interview. I absolutely love my position now and although it's so hard for me to imagine leaving my patients and their amazing families I am THRILLED to announce that in just a few weeks I will be moving to Raleigh, NC! 



I have wanted to live in North Carolina since graduating from ECU a few years ago and am so excited I will finally be getting back to the south and in one of my favorite cities. For personal reasons I will not be posting the exact hospital but I can tell you I am taking on a whole new specialization working with Cardiac Intensive Care patients. I will definitely keep everyone updated along the way with the move but so excited to finally be able to make the big announcement. Cheers to a new adventure in a new city with some of closest friends from college! 

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann

5 comments:

Mrs. Type A said...

Yay! I live in raleigh and work in durham and absolutely love it!

Unknown said...

That is so exciting! I miss living in Raleigh, but I make sure to visit as much as possible. Best of luck for your new position!

Carly said...

Congratulations on the new position & moving to Raleigh!

Tess said...

WOOOHOOO!!!!! Congrats girl! Well deserved

ryann said...

YAY! Congrats on your new gig and welcome to Raleigh! Be sure to look me up when you get in town :)