Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"You" Time




Ever feel like you need to treat yourself a little in life? The past few weeks have been pretty stressful at work and also in my personal life. My schedule has been thrown off, I haven't been eating much or working out for that matter and I just haven't felt like myself. The first week of my funk I craved staying at home and snuggling up in bed to read or watch Netflix. I pretty much lived off of almonds at tea and was very much was a homebody. Last week was the exact opposite and I filled my days with staying really busy at work and happy hours throughout the week. While last week was fun, happy hours almost every day are not good for me or my bank account.

Over the weekend my mom, gram, and a family friend came to see me for the day and it was exactly what I needed to start feeling myself again. We went to brunch, shopped, caught up and left me feeling happy to go into a new week. This week unfortunately I will be attending both a viewing and a funeral for a patient that passed away but do have other exciting plans.  No, not happy hours every night but I will be spending 2 nights with friends catching up and relaxing. Going through this funk has definitely made it hard to balance wanting to stay in and just comfort myself to the other side of surrounding myself with friends but I think I am finally starting to get it. During my few days of staying in here's a bit of how I spent my time...

Cozy nights spent with magazines and Netflix 

A midweek pick me up 

Beautiful flowers from my best friend that made the week a bit more bearable 

More Netflix and tea

The little treats and relaxation was exactly what I needed and wanted and I am so glad I took the time to listen to my body and just give myself a few days. Working in the health care field, or any field to be honest can be extremely draining and I've learned it's so important to practice self care. If you have a little extra time throughout this week I encourage you to treat yourself to a little "you" time!


Yours truly, 
Emily 

3 comments:

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Love this. "Me time" is CRUCIAL to me! :)
xx

The Pink Growl said...

I'm getting pretty used to my "me" time!

Alex M-S @ Commas & Carbs said...

Allowing time for ourselves is so underrated I can't stand it. I'm guilty of overdoing it and even after accomplishing everything I feel exhausted and emotionally drained so I'm also trying to really listen to my body and give myself time for just me (without feeling guilty about it). It feels ahhmazing. SVU on Netflix, stacks of magazines, and carbohydrates are my favorite methods lately ;) (okay, carbs always not just lately)