Friday, March 28, 2014

5 on Friday



So happy to see Friday is finally here! My weekend officially started last night and I am so happy to have the day off before heading to Raleigh tonight to spend the weekend with friends! This week was long long and like I mentioned yesterday started off with a viewing and a funeral... not exactly how I wanted to start the week. However I was able to end the week on a much better note that included a trip to the nail salon, wine, sushi, and catching up with friends. Here's this week 5 on Friday...


{one}
This week started off on a great foot because Sunday my mom, gram, and family friend all traveled to Richmond for the day. We grabbed lunch at one of my favorite spots, shopped, and ended the day with dinner at another amazing restaurant. I've been pretty stressed lately and being able to spend time with them meant the world to me and I am already missing them and looking forward to my next trip home!



{two}
 March is Child Life month and this week I was overwhelmed but the sweet things I received from both coworkers and patients. I absolutely love my job and would not change it for the world and am so blessed to be able to work with amazing patients, their families, and my amazing Hematology/ Oncology team!



{three}
 Tonight I will be making my way down to Raleigh to see some friends and spend the weekend. It has been way to long since I have seen some of them and I can't wait to catch up and enjoy their company!



{four}
Last night when I got off work I headed out with a friend to get manicures, it was the perfect treat to end the day and we were even able to bring our own wine and snacks. Afterwards we went to a sushi place I had been dying to try, Osaka and met Allie from Alexandra Bee Blog. Allie has quickly become one of my good friends in Richmond and I am so thankful to have met such a genuine friend through the blogging world. Fortunately for me, her boyfriend Bryce will be heading out of town next week and we already have lots of fun girls nights planned!


{five}
This quote jumped out at me for today and I've decided it will be the theme of the weekend!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!



Yours truly, 
Emily




9 comments:

Ally Harding said...

That's so awesome you and Allie hang out! I've met a few Charleston bloggers and we've all become good friends too. They just get you in a way a non blogger doesn't. You know what I mean? Enjoy your weekend!

P!nky said...

That sushi looks divine! have a great weekend!

Stopping by from the linkup!

Mrs. Type A said...

LOVE that you're coming to Raleigh again. I live in Raleigh and love it here. Sometime we will have to meet up.

BLovedBoston said...

Sounds like a perfect week!! That sushi picture has me craving it for dinner tonight!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kristen said...

have a great weekend! sounds like a lot of fun. mmm sushi :-)

Bri said...

I love that theme! I will make that my theme for the weekend too. -Stopping by from 5 on Friday.

April of Smidge Of This said...

Have a great time in Raleigh this weekend, how fun! My aunt is actually visiting me down in Charlotte now from Raleigh :)

Love that you and Allie have become close, I want to come crash your next party! Ha!

Madeline said...

Aw looks like such a fun weekend. You and your mom are adorable! I would love to get din/drinks with you and Allie when I am in DC May 30 - June 1. I plan on driving down to Richmond for the day so let's plan something!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I've been loving all our time together! Can't wait to hang out soon!