Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Living Healthy update


I feel like its had been awhile since I checked in on different healthy choices I have been making since my big move to Richmond... Here are some different changes I have made 

1. Working out
Since moving, I have definitely stepped up my game in working out, not only through running but also in my new obsession of kickboxing! On average I workout about 4 times a week with a random Saturday or Sunday run thrown in. I also have definitely been listening to my body more in terms of what it needs- a long run, yoga, or even just taking the day off. 

2. Minimal Meat
Never having been much of a meat eater anyway, having moved out on my own- I've definitely cut back my meat intake even more. If I eat meat at all it is in the form of grilled chicken breast or Trader Joe's chicken sausage. 

3. Minimal dairy
A few weeks ago I posted on how I've dramatically cut back my dairy intake. This is still something I am doing and since starting about a month ago, I rarely even miss eating dairy! Sure if I have pizza I leave the cheese on and definitely don't turn down any opportunity for froyo but I've even started using soy milk in my coffee!

My typical meals look a bit like this...
Breakfast:
Oatmeal with banana and a spoonful of peanut butter, and an iced coffee from Buzzys!
I LOVE this oatmeal from Trader Joes... if you have not tried it, I highly suggest it.

Mid morning Snack:
Fruit
Lunch:
Veggies and Hummus

Sweet Potato

Dinner:
These chicken breast from Trader Joes are ABSOLUTELY amazing! They are fully cooked and can be microwaved in just 2 minutes. I am a huge fan.

Obviously my meal plan can sometimes stray from the above foods but these have definitely been staples. 




1 comment:

Allyson McGuire said...

Sounds like you are doing such great work! Congratulations!