Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolution update and big news!

As a way to better keep track how I am doing keeping up with my resolutions I thought it would be a good idea to give a progress report every few days!

Yesterday my treadmill and I had a come to Jesus and let me just say... it was ugly at first. For the past year/year and a half I have been a pretty regular runner. However my body and legs felt like they had never seen a treadmill before! I am glad to say I did complete the interval work I wanted to but am hoping next time is easier. Below is the interval run I did:

Minute         Speed
1-2:30            3.5
2:30-3:30       6.5
3:30-5:00       3.5
5:00-6:00        6.5
6:00-7:30        3.5
7:30-8:30         6.5
8:30-10:00       3.5
10:00-11:00     6.5
11:00-12:30     3.5
12:30-13:30     6.5
13:30-15:00      3.5
15:00-16:00      6.5
16:00-17:30      3.5
17:30-18:30      6.5
18:30-20:00      3.5

Its only adds up to be 20 minutes but those quick sprints were intense!

Now for my big announcement... I am officially employed! Woo hoo for finally having an income! Just a little background information for anyone who is new to Eloquently Emily, I spent the past 5 months completing and unpaid internship for a Children's Hospital working with the Child Life team! I learned more than I could ever put into words from my internship but was very eager and excited to my begin my journey in the career world!

I have applied to a few children's hospitals up and down the east coast and also a few schools that have infant and toddler centers. Well, it just so happened one of these schools needed a Lead Toddler teacher! I am very excited about this position and looking forward to the experience. I was officially hired yesterday and will start on Monday!

My schedule will be a little different as I will be working M-F 8-5 but I am still confident I will be able to blog and post just the same!

Hope y'all had a fabulous day!
-Em




11 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!

alexis @ bloomed in june said...

Congrats! That's wonderful :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your new job! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Elle said...

Congrats on the new job! I love working with toddlers! It can be exhausting, but SO rewarding! The best of luck to you and your new job!

~ Elle @ Barefoot and Beautiful

Cara said...

Congrats on the new job! That's awesome! I found it hard finding time to work out and work a full time job, but I just joined a gym down the street and go during lunch. Love your intervals!! xo

Eloquently Emily said...

thank you for all the congrats! I will be sure to keep everyone posted on how my first day goes!

Sarah said...

Congrats!!!

Cori H. said...

Congrats on the job! So exciting! :)

Steph said...

Congratulations on your new job! That is so exciting, and I'm so happy for you that it is in the field you love! Go get it, girl!

Laura said...

That's exciting news! Just found your blog and am a new follower :)