Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Catching up

Anyone else feel like that long weekend went by faster then a regular weekend?! I certainly was not prepared for this week when my alarm went off this morning! On Saturday I ended up crossing everything off my to do list including to make a tailgating dish for Sunday! I even whipped up some of my famous sangria, recipe below!

I ended up making Chicken with cream cheese, jalapenos, wrapped in turkey bacon- it was hit and so easy to make!

(not my picture but they looked exactly the same)

I also made a batch of sangria, a recipe that I have perfected over the years and finally think I've gotten it just right!
There isn't an exact measurement, I do mine to taste but the recipe could be easily adapted to your own liking! Start with a bottle of red wine, I used a double bottle to make more and used Yellow Tail Merlot

Next add the following ingredients, again I do mine to taste
-orange juice
-cranberry juice
-sugar
-peach schnapps
-brandy
-slices of oranges and lemons ( or any fruit you like)

Sunday was spent tailgating for the Ravens game and bar hopping around Baltimore! It was an extremely long day that left me even tired today! However I was very excited to get back to work today and see my kids. I'm also blogging while on my break, which I've decided will be a great time for posting!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I'll have to try that chicken recipe.