Monday, November 14, 2011

Case of the Mondays and plans for the week!

I have never been too much of a fan of Mondays, especially after a fun weekend with friends that leaves me exhausted! This past weekend I went to Greenville to spend some time with my best friends and had a great time, it was exactly what I needed after a stressful work week. Friday night we went to a few bars and I was able to see a lot of people I had not seen in a longgg time! Saturday was spent relaxing outside doing a little day drinking action. It was a beautiful day and perfect weather to enjoy a few beers while watching football. I was less than thrilled about my drive back yesterday but am looking forward to getting this week over with so I can have a relaxing weekend with no traveling!

This week I do have a couple things I would like to accomplish..

Get back to my gym routine! I used to be religious about going to the gym and working out. However since I started my internship I have totally fallen off the wagon and desperately need to start working out again! I always feel so much better when I work out, I have more energy, I eat better and just generally feel great!

Incorporate these foods in my diet more...


I absolutely love salmon and am pretty sure I could eat it everyday and not get sick of it. However, completing an unpaid internship has made me really cut back in spending and I find it expensive to buy fresh salmon every week. Salmon is so healthy and super easy to make that I think I am going to start allotting a certain amount each week to hopefully make it twice a week!


Also prior to my internship I did much more at home cooking, a lot of which included large elaborate spinach salads! I would throw together whatever I had and toss it together with some baby spinach and it would be amazing! This week I am planning on using more of this tasty leafy green!


I need to drink more water. Water is an all around great source of energy, hydration and just something your body needs in general. Often times when I am at the hospital and getting tired I run and get a coffee or ginger ale or even sometimes a coke. I would like to start getting better at getting a water instead. I have heard that you should drink a cup of cold water to start your day, this is also something I would like to start incorporating in my morning routine!

This week I would like to create some sort of board to hang in my room that has each day of week and also a section for the whole month so that I can better plan out my weeks and visualize what I have due.

My list sounds like mini new years resolution but I don't think these things should be that hard to get to this week! As for the rest of the night I will be finishing a few assignments and hopefully going to bed early! I am one lucky girl and do not have to be into work until 10 tomorrow! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Any things you would like to start doing this week?



No comments: