Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful



This year I am celebrating Thanksgiving a bit different then I have in years past. I am not in Maryland with my family or hungover from a fun night out with my friends last night. I'm not planning my Black Friday shopping or wishing I hadn't had that last piece of pie. 



This year I am spending my Thanksgiving working, working with patients and families that never cease to amaze me with their strength. This Thanksgiving feeling thankful has an extra special meaning because it's the first time I've ever been away from my family on a holiday. My family means the world and more to me, they are my support through anything and the people who have raised me and shaped me into the person I am today. While I am missing them today, I am feeling humbled and grateful to be working where I am today. I am and have been incredibly fortunate in life, I have always had a roof over my head, a loving family, good health, and friends I don't know what I would do without. Every one is dealt different cards in life and I have to say I am a lucky winner. Today rather then feeling sad and upset over being away from my family, I choose to be happy and thankful for all that I have been blessed with. Today I choose to be a little cheer to my patients and their families who day after day are faced with more obstacles and hardships yet still find a way to smile. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann

1 comment:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Happy Thanksgiving Emily! I am sure it was hard to be away from family, but think of the difference you have made for so many families this Thanksgiving! You inspire me! Can't wait to see you next weekend!!