Wednesday, November 5, 2014

This and That



Lord help us, we've almost made it to Friday! Wednedsay tend to be a little rough for me being that I work until 8 on Tuesdays and don't end up getting home until about 8:30/8:45. It doesn't seem late but I  always have the hardest time winding down from such a long day. This week has been so far so good and will end even better because come Friday afternoon, this girl is heading home! This year I will not be heading home for Thanksgiving and most likely not until Christmas so when a free weekend popped up for this coming one, I just couldn't say no! Here's a few items and confessions occupying my mind until Friday...

+ I did not vote yesterday. It's awful and I hate that I'm admitting it but I said it. I am not yet registered to vote in NC and also didn't go through the process for voting back at home. 

+ My scalp has become so dry this season that I have contemplated doing a hot oil treatment. I know that sounds extreme but as someone that has to wash their hair every day, I am not sure what else to do!

+ Since I am not going home for Thanksgiving I thought it would be a fun idea to pose a "friendsgiving" to a few girlfriends. Anyone ever hosted or participated in a friendsgiving and have any advice on number of people or dishes?

+ I am hoping to get a bit of my Christmas shopping done this weekend while I am at home. I'm usually pretty last minute so this year I am trying to step it up a bit so I don't have to worry about anything last minute. 

+ Speaking of Christmas, last weekend my sweet momma asked for a few ideas of things I want and I had not one in my head! Clearly I need to sit down and think of some good gift ideas!

+ I did not go out this past weekend and couldn't have been happier. There is something to be said for waking up on a Saturday or Sunday without a headache and feeling exhausted.

+ I love doing laundry but despise hanging up clothes that need to go in my closet. I tend to let them lay for a day or two before they actually make it back in my closet.

+ I am finally dropping my car off to be serviced for an oil change, it's about 2,000 miles overdue. Everything related to cars I'm not a fan of. 

+ A little midweek humor...

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann



1 comment:

Alex M-S @ Commas & Carbs said...

I have always wanted to do a friendsgiving! I usually have a holiday party with all my girlfriends around Christmas time but would love to do one centered around thanksgiving as well. I hope you get a chance to this year, I'd love to see how it turns out.

& I'm the exact same way with laundry. I don't mind doing it or folding but I haaaate putting it away or hanging it up. I bet if I had a bigger closet it would be easier ;)