Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday Eats: My New Favorite Black Bean Burger



When people ask me what I miss most about not eating meat my answer is always the same- burgers. It's been about 3 years since I have had a good juicy cheesy burger and boy do I miss it. Choosing to not eat meat is 100% my own choice and I do not have a problem with people that do by any means. My decision is simply a personal choice but also not something I think will be sustained for years and years to come. Due to my love of burgers, I am always trying to find the next best thing and have been highly satisfied by a variety of veggie/black bean burgers. I've tried multiple recipes over the years but I think I have finally found a favorite...


This recipe is hands down amazing and I can't wait to make it again. The recipe makes 4 large patties and left me with enough for different lunch and dinner options throughout the week. I also plan to make these again and freeze a few for last minute options. 

Ingredients: 

2 Cans of Seasoned Black Beans, drained but not rinsed
1 cup of Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of Grated White Onion ( I actually didn't measure mine and probably used less)
1 Egg
Splash of Chili Powder ( I added a bit more then normal because I like things spicy)
Salt and Pepper
Hot Sauce (I used Sriracha because it's what I had on hand)

Empty your drained black beans into a large bowl, using a fork begin mashing the beans until most are broken but leaving a few whole. Once most of black beans are mashed, add in rest of ingredients. Mix until well combined and form into 4 large patties. Add a bit of olive oil or your choice of nonstick spray and place patties in pan. Cook each patty about 4-5 minutes on one side before switching to the other. I waited until mine had a little charring on each side and then took them off the pan. These can be added to a bun like a normal burger, or eaten plain with just a slice of cheese. You could also add them to a salad and create a taco salad! 

I promise this recipe will not disappoint and is too easy to not try!

Enjoy!

Yours truly,
Emily Ann



3 comments:

Ally Harding said...

I've been wanting to make my own black bean burger. Ill have to give this a try! PW has the best recipes always!

Tess said...

YUM, I need to try this ASAP.

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

I have been looking for a recipe to use to make my own black bean burger! Can't wait! xo