Thursday, November 6, 2014

Favorite Makeup Buys- October

I don't know about y'all but this season my skin made a quick change once the weather got a bit chillier. Winter is so harsh on skin and I find that I end up changing my routine completely from late summer/fall into the colder months. Last month I had a great visit to Sephora and left with some amazing new makeup that I have been loving ever since.


1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer- Radiance.  Primers and my skin have never exactly gotten along and most of the time they have broken my face out left me feeling greasy and with too much product on my face. A makeup consultant at Sephora recommended this after I described how my face had been looking dull and needed a little pick me up. This has just the right amount of shimmer without looking like your face is covered in sparkles. I absolutely love it and highly suggest trying it!

2. Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Coverage Foundation. I used this when it first came out maybe a year or two ago and for the life of me don't know why I stopped. They have so many colors that can be matched the exact pigment of your skin and it blends beautifully. I love that it can be a full coverage but also buildable for days you just need a tiny bit of coverage. 

3. MAC "Pro Longwear" Concealer. A friend of mine has been using this concealer forever and I finally decided to try it out for myself. I have dark circles pretty regularly and need something that covers and stays all day and this definitely does the trick. I went a shade lighter then I matched just to give a little extra pop around my eyes. It's also a steal for just $20, especially since you need just a tiny bit each use. 

4. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. This is another product that I have used in the past and recently bought again after I found a pressed powder version. Previously I had the loose powder pot and it just seemed to get everywhere. You can find the one I bought and am using when in line at Sephora in the sample section. I think this powder does a great job of setting my makeup and also covering shine throughout the day. 

What new products have you tried out lately?

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann

No comments: