Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Little Q&A... Getting To Know Me

Happy Wednesday friends! I was having the hardest time thinking about things to post for the week until I saw Christa's post yesterday from Forever Young! I have always loved the idea of doing a Q&A and love that it gives you a deeper look into someone's life and allows you to get to know them a little better. Christa was nice enough to let me use her format and I am excited about today's post and the opportunity for my readers to know a little bit more about me! Enjoy!


What brings you the greatest joy?
Seeing my patients and their families happy, spending time with my own family and friends, and spending just with me doing the things I love (i.e Barnes and Noble, long walks, or shopping)
2. What are your vices? 
Netflix, wine,  and checking Instagram (by far my favorite form of social media)
3. What is on your nightstand? 
Girls in White Dresses, Rosebud Salve Lip Balm, and a candle 

4. Do you have a secret talent? 
Yikes, not that I can think of!
5. What is your greatest indulgence? 
Wine or going out to nice dinner
6. What should every woman try at least once in her life? 
Going on a vacation by herself, I have gone on work conferences by myself and they have been very relaxing. I would like one of the next vacations I take to be solo and spent just having "me" time.
7. What makes you laugh? 
Talking with my friends or grandmother, late night talks with my roommates, SNL
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I never learned how to ride a bike when I was little. My friends in college tried to teach me but it was unsuccessful. 
9. Were do you dream about traveling?
I am beyond excited about going to San Francisco in May but would love to eventually make it to Greece! 
10. What is on your feet right now? 
Flats
11. How did you make your first dollar?  
I started babysitting when I was 14. I couldn't even drive but either my parents or who I was babysitting for picked me up and dropped me off. 
12. What superstition do you believe in? 
In the hospital we fully believe if you say a patients name while they are not admitted, sure enough they will be later that day or the next. 

13. What items in your closet do you wear the most?
Blouses or match stick black pants 
14. What is the best gift you've ever received? 
I've received so many special gifts from my family but probably my favorite have been from my patients, mostly just little drawings and things they have created but they are so special to me.
15. Favorite television show?
I don't think I have a favorite but I love Scandal, Girls, or Orange Is The New Black
16. What is on your kitchen counter? 
Our kitchen counter stays pretty clear, a knife holder, toaster, and bowl of fruit.
17. What would you never leave home without? 
My phone. I'm sure it would be nice to not have it for a day but it's also my pager at work.
18. Favorite part of the day? 
My drive home from work. It's not a surprise for me to stay at late much later then I should or for me to have a work day that is both physically and emotionally exhausting. My drive home from work is often my time to process everything from the day, blast the music, have the windows down and let it all out before I get home. 
19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party? 
If Jackie Kennedy was still alive, she would most definitely make the list in addition to Jennifer Anniston and Julia Roberts, they'll forever be my favorites.
20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger? 
Don't take things so seriously. Half the things we worry and stress about won't matter a year from now and if they do, they have a way of working themselves out. 

Yours truly, 
Emily

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sometimes a little quiet Barnes and Noble exploration time is exactly what I need! And I definitely take my phone with me whenever I leave the house...when I'm in the house, however, I seem to constantly lose it...

CWY said...

Isn't Girls in White Dresses so good? I loved it!