Tuesday, October 20, 2015

This and That

Happy Tuesday friends! This post is an attempt to share a bit of what I have been up to lately since I slacked majorly on posting last week. I am hoping for a better week this week but am also having a "flare up." If you are a long time reader, you will know that about a year ago I was diagnosed with a form of autoimmune liver disease which I posted about here. While it wasn't the great news to receive, I am lucky to have caught it early and have been able to manage it with daily meds and frequent doctor check ups/ lab draws. The downside is that every once in awhile I experience a flare up of symptoms; itchy skin, low energy, and the worst part insomnia. I am hoping to get my symptoms under control so that I am feeling better and have the energy to get back to my regular posting. Until then, here's a bit of whats been going on in my world....


Making fun Halloween crafts with some of my little ones...

I work in a Cardiac Intensive Care Unit on a pediatric floor and a majority of my patient's are babies with congenital heart defects. I love making these little crafts for parents and think it's a special way for them to document part of their process in the hospital. 


Speaking of babies... one of my best friends just had this little cutie- Mr. Paxton. He is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet him this week. 


We also have been dealing with a baby of our own in our house, Piper Mae. While she may look cute, this little girl has been getting into absolutely everything. Having a puppy is no joke but we we love her and wouldn't trade her for the world. 



This song has been on repeat for about a week now. Spotify is basically how I survive my morning and evening commute, without it I think I would be lost. To check out other songs I am currently listening to, check out my new Fall playlist.



Last weekend was ECU's homecoming and I am ashamed to say it was the first home game of the season I attended. I had so much fun catching up with friends I hadn't seen in awhile and cheering on the Pirates. 


Hope everyone is having a great week so far! 
Yours truly, 
Emily Ann

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great to catch up! Hope you feel better soon!