Monday, October 5, 2015

San Francisco Day 1 Recap

Happy Monday friends! I am officially back to the blog after a vacation to the West coast and taking a week to get back into my routine. Today I am excited to share day 1 of my trip...

We arrived in San Francisco around 11:30 and headed to meet Angelica for an early lunch near the ferry building overlooking the bay bridge at Hog Oyster co


We sampled a dozen oysters from all over the west coast and they were absolutely amazing. Definitely a little bit different oysters here on the east coast but so tasty. 


The restaurant had an amazing view and it was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. 


After lunch Ang headed back to work and Aubree and I headed to her apartment to rest for a little, shower, and change for happy hour. 

Ang was the perfect host all weekend and took us to the most amazing spots all over the city. Our first stop of the night was El Techo de Lolinda located in the Misson. We sat on their rooftop and had rose flights + chips and guac, both of which were delicious. I didn't get a picture of the view from the rooftop but you could see the entire city all the way around the deck and with the sun setting it was amazing. 


Next we headed to dinner at maybe my favorite spot all weekend, Beretta. Ang had told me how amazing their pizza was and being that pizza is my favorite food, I couldn't wait to check it out.  We had the walnut bread to start which was amazing and topped with burrata cheese and a mushroom honey... literally getting hungry just thinking about it. I didn't get any pictures of our meal but I did grab a picture of the wallpaper in the bathroom (creepy?) because it was stunning. 


And shocker, more Rose at dinner. 


For having been up since 4:30 in the morning, I think we did pretty good for our first day in SF.  I will be posting more about my trip throughout this week! Hope everyone has a Monday!

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann



No comments: