Monday, August 10, 2015

Boston Bachelorette Recap

Happy Monday friends! I am officially getting back to posting and excited to start the week off with a recap from my weekend in Boston celebrating my cousin Jackie and her bachelorette weekend. It's a bit picture heavy but we had such a great time and got to see so much in such a short time, I couldn't help but snap pictures everywhere. I hadn't been to Boston since I was a kid so it was so awesome to explore the city and take in a new city, especially with such a great group of girls. 

My flight arrived in Boston super early on Friday morning and while I was a bit tired from a 5am wake-up,  I was excited to meet two of the other girls for early coffee and breakfast + exploring. After a few hours of walking around and doing a bit of shopping, the whole group had arrived and we started the weekend off by grabbing happy hour. 

My cousin Jill just had a baby 6 weeks before and I was so excited to meet the new little man and in awe of how amazing Jill looked! 

Jill and sweet baby James were such troopers as we talked around the city stopping here and there grabbing drinks and snacks. 

After happy hour we headed back to the hotel room to settle in and get ready for our first night out in Boston. We ordered pizza to our hotel rooms, popped champagne and played a few bachelorette games. 

Next it was off to Jacque's Cabaret. Having never been to a drag show I had no idea what to expect but boy was it fun. The dancers and performers (I guess that's what they would go by?) were absolutely amazing and so entertaining. If you ever happen to find yourself in Boston, I would definitely add this to the list if you are going with friends. 


Following Jacque's- the only logical transportation included a party bus that included one heck of a Taylor Swift jam session. 


The next morning we were up surprisingly early and off to Boot Camp at one of the local parks. We were all feeling less then stellar but I am so happy we got in the workout and that I was able to try something out of my comfort zone. 


Next we headed back to the hotel for showers and a quick breakfast before checking out Harpoon Brewery. We were signed up for a 12:30 tour and were able to grab a quick beer before our tour. I've been on a few brewery tours but this was by far my favorite. The guides were incredibly knowledgeable about the beer itself but the best part is our tour also came with a tasting session in which we got to try over 10 beers on tap. 


Just a short walk from Harpoon Brewery was our lunch spot- Yankee Lobster Eatery. Having been Diner, Drive- ins, and Dives we knew it would be good and worth the 30 min wait in line. 




After a yummy and filling lunch, we headed back to the hotel for a little down time. Not getting home the night before until after 2am + boot camp and brewery tour really took it out of us and a nap was just what the doctor ordered. 

After resting and recovering we ventured out for dinner and another night out on the town. 


Me and the lovely bride to be! Yes, princess crowns were necessary. 


Overall it was such a fun weekend and I am so glad I was able to be apart of such a special weekend for Jackie. I can't believe her wedding week is finally here, just a few more days until I am off to PA for  the big day. 

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann




No comments: