Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Five



In starting the week off with strep to working till 11 last night... this girl could be happier that it is Friday. I am so excited to have the weekend off and NO plans. I can't remember the last weekend I was in Richmond with no plans and can't wait to do some serious relaxing. Thank you again for all the well wishes this week, I believe I am finally feeling back to normal and will most definitely be taking it easy this weekend. Let's take a look at a few things from this week...

{one}

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, on Sunday night I decided to spend the night in D.C with my girlfriends watching the Grammys and eating pizza. It was such a small simple pleasure but had me feeling like we were back in college. I am so fortunate to have such an amazing group of friends and being that we all live in different cities, I cherish every minute I am able to spend with them! 

{two}

Here's a glimpse of my view earlier this week while dealing with strep. I absolutely lived off Halls and Gatorade. The only positive that came out of this experience was making serious head way on my Gossip Girl obsession on Netflix. 

{three}

The past 2 weeks I have really fallen off the band wagon on meal planning, cooking, and working out. Earlier this week I was reading Simple Life of Delta Daisies and absolutely inspired by her life change and the results she has had. If you have not checked out her blog, I highly suggest you do so- it is absolutely amazing. From reading her various posts, I found that she gets a lot of her recipes from Gina's Skinny Taste. Y'all these recipes look so delicious and I've already made my shopping list for next week! Here's a few I am most looking forward to




{four}

As promised earlier this week, here are the amazing leather leggings I scored last week before heading out of town. They are a serious steal for under $30 and I know they will become a quick staple in my wardrobe.  Do yourself a favor and RUN to your closest Nordstrom to pick up these beauties!

{five}
In the spirit of being in Richmond with no plans this weekend, I plan on really having the weekend to myself. A Barnes and Noble trip, sleeping in, movie watching, a good glass of red... I could not be more ready for a little me time this weekend. 





Yours truly,
Emily

7 comments:

Christa at Forever Young said...

I love Skinnytaste! Seriously, at least 2-3 meals each week come from her site. Her recipes are great! Happy Friday!

Christa
Forever Young

Christa at Forever Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

I think those are the same leggings I bought to wear on NYE! Such a steal! I didn't wind up wearing them because our plans changed, but I'm going out for a friends bday tomorrow night and am thinking I'll wear those then! I love Skinnytaste's website and use her recipes all the time!

The Pink Growl said...

Those leggings are soooo cute!

Tess said...

Totally with you on Delta Daises - doesn't she look so fantastic? I love SkinnyTaste - she is responsible for like 75% of our dinners!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Sounds like you've had the perfect weekend!! Barnes & Noble was always my escape in college!

Let's meet up again soon!

Rachel said...

Oh man, strep is no fun! Those mixed berry muffins look amazingly delicious...my problem is that I really can't have berries in the house without eating all of them raw before I have time to make them into anything... :P