Friday, January 17, 2014

Five On Friday- Miami Edition



Last weekend I took a few days off work and headed to the warmer weather and beach for a little getaway with my best friend and to celebrate my cousin's wedding! Work has been insane lately and this was exactly what I needed to unwind and relax. For this week's Five on Friday, here's a bit how the trip went...


{one}
Before taking off we obviously had to kick off the trip with mimosas at the airport bar. They were delish and got us in the right mind frame for a relaxing few days off!

{two}
Once we landed and made it to Miami we made a quick trip to the beach for a walk. The weather was overcast but with that view we did not care one bit!

{three}
For our hotel we stayed at Hotel Catalina, an amazing hotel with complimentary happy hour! Before getting ready for a night out on the time we obviously needed to indulge in a beverage or two. 

{four}
Alison and I before heading out for the night!

{five}
Saturday was all about Jim and Tom and we could not have had a better time celebrating the newlyweds!

Jill looked absolutely gorgeous and everything from the church to the very last toast was perfect!

It was an amazing time and I am already missing not only the sun and the sand but my family! It was so great to spend time with everyone and catch up. 

As far as today and this weekend goes, I am off today and will be spending the morning day part of the day relaxing and cleaning around the house then out for a run and a few errands later. I will be working Saturday and Sunday but have plans to meet up with some friends Saturday at one of my favorite Richmond spots- Hardywood Brewery! 

What's on your agenda for the weekend?

Yours truly, 
Emily




4 comments:

Ashley said...

Miami is such a fun city! Considering how pricey cocktails can be, a hotel that has free happy hour is the way to go!

Ally Harding said...

Looks like a fun trip! I've never been to Miami but I wish I was there right now. It's freezing here today!

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Happy Weekend! Glad you have some time off to unwind!! xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

This looks like such a fun getaway!!