Everyone's has different ways to unwind and relax and today I thought I would share my normal go tos. Their not exactly in any particular order but all of these seem to help when I am feeling a bit overwhelmed or just needing some "me" time.
1. Reading- Ever since I was a kid I have been a huge reader. To me there is nothing better then crawling into bed at night and reading a good book. Not to mention I swear I fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer as opposed to getting on my laptop or watching a show.
2. Netflix- Sometimes working in a hospital can be a bit stressful and sad at times. One way to let the day go and escape from reality is to veg out and watch a good show. Some of my favorites lately have been OITNB, Bloodline, Mistresses, Friends, and True Detective.
3. Working out- I know it sounds a bit opposite to work out when you need to relax but sometimes after a stressful day, all I want to do is hop on a treadmill and run it all out. Going for a long walk or pumping out a good weight routine also can help too!
4. Vino- While I don't normally drink during the week, sometimes grabbing a drink or happy hour with a friend can make the worst day a bit more bearable. After work drinks are a great way to catch up with friends and decompress before you've gotten home.
5. Take a bath- This is one I wish I was better about because when I do do them, they are so relaxing. I love lighting a candle, turning on some music and just zoning out while soaking in a warm soapy bath.
6. Instagram- By far my favorite form of social media and often what I do when I am bored or just need a break from reality. I am totally guilty of spending too much time on instagram right when I get into bed and normally peruse until I can't keep my eyes open anymore.
How do you unwind and relax?