Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekend Report


This past weekend was good for the soul, spent with good people and good times, I can full heartedly admit this Monday is a bit rough. However my favorite Holiday is just days way and while I have to decide what I am going to do, I am sure it will be a fun filled weekend. In the mean time, here's a look at how I spent this past weekend...

Friday I was able to get out of work on time and was on the road to Richmond for my friend Jess' surprise going away dinner. Jess is becoming a travel nurse and I am so excited for her and this new opportunity. For dinner we went to a great little spot in Richmond called Blue Goat, known for their relaxed atmosphere and yummy cocktails, this place was amazing. We shared a few of their appetizers  and overall had an amazing experience. 

All the girls + Jess celebrating her new adventure. 

After dinner we headed to a few different spots including the Portrait House and to Sine. Call us old or maybe just exhausted but I was so happy we called it an early night and was in bed before 12. 


Another excuse to break out my new favorite palm shorts! This week I am hoping to stop by Old Navy to get them in black as well. 


Saturday morning I was up early with coffee and breakfast in the car and headed to the lake for the rest of the weekend. While I can't say the weather was ideal, the afternoon ended up clearing up and made for a beautiful evening.  We whipped up fish tacos for dinner and one of my favorite cocktails- spicy jalepeno margaritas. We ended the night with a few of the neighbors at the lake playing dominos and cards against humanity. 


Anyone else have a terrible time sleeping in? I always seem to wake up around 7:30 if not earlier even on weekends. Being that I was up before anyone else on Sunday, I decided to enjoy the quite time with coffee and a new book. A friend lent me this book and while it's been a bit slow moving, I am already half way done. 

The rest of the day was spent laying out by the lake and enjoying the gorgeous weather. 




Here's to hoping this week is a short one! 

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann

No comments: