Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Mother's Make-Up Drawer


I can remember since I was a little girl the excitement in going in my mother's makeup drawer to see what new products or trouble I could get into. My mom has amazing skin and it's my hope those genes pass down to me because she looks not a day over 30. For today's post, I thought it would be fun to share some of the products my mom uses on a daily basis, as well as ones she swears by. I do apologize for the quality of the pictures, they are not the best but you'll get the drift...


First up is her actual makeup drawer. Organized into categories, you will find anything from brands such as Chanel and Bare Minerals to alternatives that can be found at the drug store. 


Makeup wise- this is one of my favorite blushes and one that my mother has used for years. It's made by Chanel and although the price tag is a bit expensive, the color is one that I haven't been able to find in another brand. Unfortunately I was unable to find it online and it doesn't look like they make it any longer. This shade looks pretty similar and one I might give a shot. 



This one may seem like a silly one to include but it's another one my mom has used for years and continues to use to this day. For less then $3 at the drugstore, it's kind of a no brainer. 


Like I said before, my mom has pretty flawless skin. She is religious about keeping to her routine and washes her face every night. While she's used a few different brands throughout the years, Roc has been a constant and something she always comes back to. She uses bother their night and day cream, in addition to their eye cream. I also started using Roc in the winter when my skin was a bit dryer and needed some extra love and moisture. 


If you have not heard of this product or are not using it- buy it now. Both my mother and my grandmother use this product and both attribute their flawless skin to this gem. While I have to admit it's very thick and can feel uncomfortable the first few times you use it, I did get used to it and love how soft if leaves my skin feeling. It completely removes any makeup, including eyeliner and mascara but also leaves your skin feeling like it's been slathered in lotion. You can find it at most drug stores for less then $15. 


One of my favorite parts in exploring my mom's makeup drawers is always finding what new lotions she is using. She has never been much of a perfume gal and has always preferred receiving the lotion version of a scent. These are currently in rotation: 


Hope this has been helpful! 

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann


No comments: