Monday, June 1, 2015

Can We Go Back To The Weekend

This past weekend was one for the books and one I am wanting to redo all over again. With traveling the past 3 weekends before, I couldn't wait to spend the weekend in Raleigh just relaxing. Here's a bit of how my weekend looked...

Friday nights are now for staying in, whipping up a dynamite spread, and being in bed by 10... it is glorious. Long gone are the days of going out on a Friday and Saturday, by the end of the week the only thing I want to slip into is a big tshirt. My roommates and I took a lovely trip to Trader Joes after work and stocked up on some essentials; cheese, crackers, pepperoni, olives, spinach and jalepeno dip, pita chip, and last but not least wine. It was great to stay in and catch up with my roommates, we even watched one of my all time favorite movies- Cruel Intention. 


Saturday I was up early and off the gym. I have really been trying to get back in to running and can finally see a difference in not only the time I able to run but my speed. I did a quick 2 mile run and then headed to strength class. After the gym I came home and my roommates and I headed to the pool to enjoy a little time in the sun. While it wasn't the greatest day and was mostly cloudy while we were there, I still managed to get a bit of sun and was happy to relax and do some reading. 

My best friend form home sent me the sweetest care package last week and inside was this book. I started Saturday at the pool and was finished Sunday... aka go buy it. 


Saturday night we decided to venture out for a bit...

Sunday we slept in a bit and then decided it would be nice to get out of the city for the day and headed to the lake. While driving an hour just to layout may seem a little silly, I can tell you it was absolutely perfect. We spent all day laying out and in the water and had the best time. 



Sunday night we grabbed italian take out on our way home, watched a few episodes of Friends and then it was off to bed. Side note- I can't believe it is already the first of June! It feels like just yesterday it was Spring and here we are basically at the start of Summer! I am really looking forward to June for the sole reason that I am pretty plan free. May was full of weekend trips and a few working weekends. June will be for relaxing and hopefully more weekends just like this one! 

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! This books sounds intriguing! I am going to have to pick this up.

Candace Shiflet said...

sounds like an awesome weekend! I loved having roommates! Roomies were always so fun to boy talk/pillow talk with, hang out, watch movies, eat, basically be sisters with!! I need to check out that book, it looks pretty good and I love me a good book :) congrats on getting back into running!! I need to get back into it, it's always so awesome to go farther than I did the dat before and see improvements.
xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants