Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday Musings... Dream House Edition



Mondays are a lot better when your at the beach and enjoying the beautiful weather sleeping in, whipping up yummy meals and happy hours start a little earlier than normal. Ok ok ok sorry to rub it in but y'all catch my drift... so far vacation has been amazing and so needed. Today I thought it would be fun to take a little house tour of my ideal house. From entry ways to bedrooms and everything in between. I love seeing the different interiors people are drawn to so feel free to comment what you like or leave links! 

First lets talk exterior...




I've always been a huge fan of white brick and tend to gravitate towards smaller cottage like homes. I love both of these, the front porch on the first and the red door of the second. I've always imagined having large hydrangea bushes out front long the porch and and porch swing  or rocking chairs are 100% necessary.

I think the entry way says a lot about a house and almost sets the tone for the rest of the rooms. Below are a few of my favorites...



The second is definitely my favorite with the fiddle leaf fig, ginger jars and distressed dresser. However I also love the relaxed feel of the first option with the bench and multi colored pillows. 

Next lets talk one of the most important rooms of the house; the kitchen...




I love the idea of a large open kitchen, with lots of windows that allow for natural light. All of the above pictures have a similar theme with lots of white, herringbone back splash, gold fixtures, and white or marble counter tops. 

Following the kitchen comes the next most important room... the living room. 




Ideally I would love to have at least one wall of built ins. I think it's such a classic look and although the idea of decorating the shelves gives me a bit of anxiety I still love the look of them. Like the kitchen, I want a very open style living room with lots of windows with a mixture of neutrals and possibly dark accents here and there (like the second picture.) A pair of french doors that go to the backyard would also be ideal. 

Being that I see myself living in a smaller style home, I realize there may not be a ton of space for a dining room. However I am fairly obsessed with this one...


I love everything from the wall lined bench, unfinished style table and woven chairs. 

Next up, lets chat bathrooms. 




I would love to have a black and white themed bathroom, from the floor tiles to the cabinets and especially love the look of the above door. I've never been a huge bath person so would be totally find with walk in shower and overhanging shower head. 

Last but not least, the bedroom!




Anyone else love the idea of a dark accent wall for a bedroom? This girl definitely does. Other then the accent wall I'm fairly open to different decors and could see myself either doing a mixture of blacks and whites or various textures and patterns. 

That about wraps it up for my ideal house tour!

What are different looks and styles you like?

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann

















No comments: