Monday, December 30, 2013

Home For The Holidays

Spending time at home over the past few days for Christmas has been just what the doctor ordered. The Holidays around the hospital are insanely busy and I found myself getting into a rut routine of waking up, going to work, staying late, possibly making it to the gym, coming home and crash, and waking up to do it all over again. Having a few days off to recharge and spend time with my family really pu things into perspective of just how crazy things have been and left me wanting to add a little balance. Sounds like a perfect easy New Years resolution, only come January I will not only be starting graduate school but also starting a new position at work! I wish I could say I am look at January as a chance to rebalance things but being that I will be working two weekends and traveling the other two, I am thinking balancing may have to wait. However, I absolutely soaked up my few days of relaxing at home knowing that next month will be hectic. Here's a bit of how I spent my few days at home...

So glad I was able to see my best friend for our annual Christmas Eve Open House! Every year we open up our doors and the house is filled with family and friends. I look forward to it every year and am so glad Alison and her family were able to attend this year!


3 generations. These two mean more to me then I could ever put into words and I am always grateful of their encouragement and support for wherever life takes me.


Me and my sweet momma!

As for Santa... he was definitely good to me this year and I got almost everything on my list and more...

christmas



How were your Holidays spent?

Yours truly,
Emily 

3 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Good Luck with all the new things in January! So exciting!! I'm glad you had a great Christmas- I got a clarisonic too! xo

Ally Harding said...

Your mom, grandma, and you look identical! Pretty easy to see what you're going to look like as you get older! Great Christmas gifts! I love the House of Harlow 1960 jewelry. I'm dying to own some!

designchic said...

It was wonderful and like you spent with lots of family. Love your sweater!! Wishing you all the best in the new year!!