Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Eats- Spinach Pasta with Pesto and Salmon and of course... Wine!



Happy Wednesday friends! 

In yesterday's novel of a post, I posted that I have 2 new recipes to share with y'all and they will not disappoint! Today's new recipe that I tried out, thought of by myself... might I add is...

Fresh Spinach Pasta with Pesto Sauce and Salmon- with Caprese bread from the farmers market


Now granted every one's farmers market is different but if yours sells fresh homemade pasta... run there and get you some because it is amazing! I got my pasta from Bomobolini Pasta here in Richmond and I am obsessed with how it turned out. The pasta was light and had a ton of flavor and cooked up in no time!

Here is what you need to recreate this masterpiece:
Spinach pasta
Pesto sauce 
Salmon
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper


Cook up your pasta like you normally would, however if you are using pasta from the Farmer's Market, it probably only needs to be cooked half the normal amount. While the pasta is cooking, place your salmon fillet on aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Wrap salmon in the foil to make a packet and bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes. When your pasta is done drain the water and put it back into the pot and begin stirring in pesto. Place pasta in bowl or serving dish of your choice and add salmon! 

I just happen to also pick up a loaf of Caprese bread at the Farmer's Market so that that along with mine. The bread was amazing and had sun-dried tomato and fresh ground pepper and made for the perfect side to the pasta and salmon. A glass of white also makes the dish complete- my personal favorite right now is Governors White by Williamsburg Winery.


 Again if you are in the Virginia area- I highly suggest you check out this wine, its light and crisp and has just enough sweetness to it. 

 Bon Appetit! 

Yours truly, 

No comments: