Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Making a Workout Switch


Anyone else ever get tired of their same 'ol workout routine and crave a change? That is exactly what this girl is going through right now. Right now my typical workouts include spinning x2, running x2/3, and an occasional yoga class. While I LOVE my spinning classes and definitely plan to keep those up, I am looking for a change on the other 2-3 days a week. Here is where my new adventure comes in... swimming! 

I am not stranger to swimming and have been a swimmer since I was old enough to float. I did swim team all throughout elementary, middle, and high school. My favorite strokes were always butterfly, free, and back and while the thought of getting back into these strokes is terrifying, its also so exciting and I can't wait to get back into it! 

I am planing to ease back into swimming but for some inspiration on sets to try, I turned to Pinterest and found some good ones! They look pretty tough I am definitely looking forward to the challenge and change. 

Here's a couple I will be trying this week!








Here's to trying something new!

Yours truly, 

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Emily,

I've heard swimming is a great workout but I'm actually terrible at it! I think it's the whole having to change into a bathing suit and get wet thing. I commend you for taking the plunge! It will certainly add some variety!

My move would be to Kansas City, MO but definitely closer to the Virginia area than I am now. I also would be a consultant and travel Mon-Thurs so I would be all around the US and hopefully could get in a blogger meetup :)!