Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In Need Of A Vacation- Suggestions!

Hey Y'all Happy Tuesday! Not going to lie, Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week. I feel like it drags on forever, its the day after Monday, and not even to Wednesday yet- who even likes the word Tuesday anyway. Gross. Anyhow lets brighten this dumb day up by talking about vacations... this girl is in need of a serious one! 



My best friend and I have decided we are going to plan a getaway for early August but are having serious trouble thinking of where we want to go! She is in law school in Baltimore and I hate that I don't get to see her as often as I like but give our crazy schedules its so hard to set aside times to do things- enter girls getaway. A few months ago I took a 4 day weekend and headed to the beach with some girlfriends and while I absolutely had the most amazing time, I think this time I am in need of a little more then 4 days. Working in the profession I do, its extremely easy to get overwhelmed and overworked and while I think I do an ok job at taking care of my self, I have not been on a real vacation since I started my job- over a year ago! It will be amazing to get away from work, not check email, turn off my pager (yes I carry a pager at work), and just enjoy the company of my best friend... and the beach!

Alison (my best friend) and I have been looking on sites like Groupon and Living Social trying to find a good getaway deal, however what I keep forgetting to factor in with the cost of everything is airfare! Poor little me can't be affording to go on a crazy exotic vacation, so here is where I need suggestions! I've also heard of a site Cheapcarribean.com that offers deals including airfare and also searches for all inclusive resorts- sounds right up my ally! 

Where do you look when looking to go on a vacation?

All suggestions are welcome and can't wait to see what everyone recommends!



Yours truly, 

No comments: