Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Grocery Store Must Haves

Yesterday I mentioned going on a major shopping spree at 2 of my favorite stores... Trader Joes and Whole Foods! Here is a bit of what I came back with and also the staples I get every week!

I eat this oatmeal just about every morning! Add a bit of peanut or almond butter and banana and it is amazing!

These chicken breasts are a lifesaver! They are organic and already cooked so just need to be popped in the microwave for about 2 minutes. I love bringing them to work to add to a salad!

This is by far my favorite flavor of hummus, paired with some cauliflower or broccoli... delish

If there is one fruit I could eat day and night, it would definitely be bananas. I have them in oatmeal, cereal, on top of toast, or even just plain as a mid day snack!

This has quickly become a new obsession of mine and I highly suggest it if you have not tried it!

I love have egg whites around for when I want a quick but satisfying dinner, add the sun dried tomatoes below and some feta cheese and you have one heck of an omelet!

These sun-dried tomatoes are amazing! I'll add them to omelets, pasta, rice... pretty much anything,

I use ground turkey for anything from making burgers, meatballs or just cooking it up and adding it to salads!
Odwalla bars have also become a quick go to favorite of mine, they all taste AMAZING and are so easy to have in-between meals. My favorite is the banana nut bread bar, it tastes exactly like the real thing. 


About twice a week I make a bit stop at Whole Foods for their Trail Mix Bar... I say twice a week because I normally go on  Sunday but am finished my trail mix by Tuesday. My favorite combination is almonds, walnuts, craisins, and the cocoa nibs. 

In addition to the items below I normally get an assortment of fruits and veggies, depending on what looks the best. A few of my go to favorites are avocados, peaches, grapefruit, and cauliflower!


Hope everyone is having a great week so far! 

Yours truly, 
Em


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this has inspired me to eat better!

Allyson McGuire said...

Girl, you are so on top of the whole eating healthy! I wish I was this dedicated.

Melissa88Senick said...

The almod butter looks so yummy. Is it better than peanut butter (health wise)?

Olga said...

I love oatmeal! It's so cheap but good!

For the Record