Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I like tofu? Who am I?!

Happy Wednesday loves, hope everyone is having a fabulous week! Yesterday when I posted my go to grocery list I left off one key ingredient that I picked up at the store- specifically because I wanted to devote an entire post to it today! As you can probably guess from the title... its tofu! Now, I know what your thinking if your anything like me prior to cooking with it... why in the heck would you want to eat tofu?! I decided to take a chance on tofu and let me tell you... it did not disappoint. 

For my first time cooking with tofu I used Trader Joe's Super Firm tofu. I started off by cutting it into cubes and browning it on the stove with a bit of salt, pepper, and various spices we happen to have at the house. Then I added it to a bit of brown rice and some veggies and topped it off with sesame sauce... YUM! I wish I had pictures to share but I ate all of it before I even thought to take a picture!

Now that I know I actually like tofu and how easy it is to cook, I have been pinning new recipes that I can't wait to try!

Baked Tofu

Tofu Parm

Tofu "chicken" salad

Tofu BLT

I know tofu can be a bit intimidating but I promise it is worth the risk to try it, you will not regret it!

Yours truly,
Em

No comments: