Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekend Review- From The Beach to The Mountains



This past weekend, with the exception of catching a nasty cold was absolutely amazing. Thursday night I traveled down to the Outer Banks with my good friend Lauren and the bride to be in just a few weeks. The house we rented was beyond perfect and situated right on the ocean, so close I could hear the ocean when I woke up Friday morning. Here's a few snapshots of the beach...




Friday morning, Lauren and I were up early and decided a long walk on the beach would be perfect to kick start our day. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I am so thankful the the sun was shining. The rest of the day consisted of a yummy lunch at one of the local restaurants, outlet shopping, and lounging around the house. 

I had to head back to Richmond Friday night to catch my friend, Liz's birthday that was being celebrated Saturday in Charlottesville. The weather was pretty overcast on Saturday morning and called for a few showers so I settled for something warm and cozy
Boots: Banana Republic Leggings: TJ Maxx Chambray Shirt: Gap Outlet
Sweater: TJ Maxx Tortoise Shell Necklace: TJ Maxx Watch: Nordstroms 

Thank goodness the weather cleared up and we ended up having a great day at the wineries
Veritas Winery

View from Pippin Hill (my personal favorite)

Pippin Hill was also setting up for a wedding and I couldn't help but snap a picture of the beautiful set up. 

As you know, the rest of the weekend was spent sick snuggling in bed and relaxing. 

How did you spend your weekend?

Yours truly, 
Emily



2 comments:

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

what a GLORIOUS weekend...every single one of these pictures is flawlessly beautiful!!!

xx
elise

Unknown said...

Your trip to the beach looked so beautiful and relaxing! And who doesn't love a day at the wineries???