Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Topics for Wednesday



Happy Wednesday friends! This week has been absolutely crazy so far with Halloween coming up and getting all the patients set up with various activities! To be honest, I was going to skip out on posting today until I received a sweet email from Melissa over at Simply Sweet Melissa who nominated me for a Liebster Award! Melissa is relatively new to the blogging world but boy does it not feel like, her blog has quickly become one of my daily reads! The saddest part about getting hooked on Melissa's blog is that she lives in Charlotte, NC... the city I used to live in and miss SO much everyday! Hopefully we will get to meet one day but for now here are the questions she posed...


1. What is your favorite childhood book?
When I was growing up I was crazy about reading, I constantly begged my parents to take me to the library or the book store and couldn't wait to find what book I would read next. I can't remember a favorite but a few of my favorite children's books that I enjoy reading to my patients are The Kissing Hand, Blueberries For Sale, and The Giving Tree. 

2. How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as classic and relaxed with a touch of trendiness. For work I normally stick to a dress with flats/boots or slim cropped pants and a blouse. Weekend and nights out normally consist of leggings, booties, long tunics... anything comfy but stylish and polished. 

3. What is your favorite season (Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall)?
Hands down fall. 

4. What is the one piece of jewelry you cannot live without?
My favorite piece of jewelry is my initial E necklace from South Moon Under. I wear it almost all the time and can't imagine what I would do without it, its small and dainty but perfect for every day. 

5. What is your favorite color?
This is a serious toss up between navy blue or purple. 

6. What is something you have never done but want to do?
Unfortunately I have never traveled to the West Coast and it is something I have been wanting to do for some time. If it were up to me, my next vacation would include a week long wine tour all throughout the northern part of California and obviously include my closest girlfriends. 

7. What is something that people misinterpret about you?  
I am an only child and I think a lot of people get the wrong impression when they hear me say I don't have siblings. Only children have the reputation of being selfish, one sided, and greedy but I can honestly say I am none of those things. My parents worked extremely hard to raise me and put me through private school all the way until college and I am beyond grateful for the childhood I was able to have. 

8. What kind of blogs do you enjoy reading?
I love reading all kinds of different blogs, but mostly stick to the lifestyle ones that cover style, home diy's, recipes, and various life advice/observations. 

9. Do you have any favorite hair or makeup products?
One of my all time favorite hair products that I have blogged about before is the Bb Thickening Dryspun Finishing Spray. I normally add just a touch to the roots once I've finished curling or straightening my hair and it gives the best volume. 

10. What is your workout routine (if you have one)?
My workout routine varies but a few of my favorite things to do are spinning, hot yoga, and barre. I love mixing things up and challenging myself at new classes, but do appreciate a good 'ol gym workout every now and then. 

11. Do you have any blogging advice for those who are having a hard time getting started?
Eloquently Emily is something I started over a year ago and honestly did not see it becoming what it is today. I have less then 200 followers so its no secret that I am not a die hard blogger. However my blog has become something that is solely mine, something I control and get to make every decision about. There are weeks where I can post every day and there are others where I only get to post twice but that's OK because it's my blog and reflects my life. If you are thinking about starting a blog or have one now and wanting to put more into it just make sure you don't take the fun and enjoyment out of it. Find new blogs, leave comments, send emails, have a giveaway, but always be sure to come back to the original reason you started the blog, whatever it may be!

Yours truly, 
Emily

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Girl! I am so glad that you did not skip out on posting today and I am so glad that you enjoy reading my blog!! :) I loved reading your answers to the questions and feel like I know you a bit better now! Glad to hear we are both the only children and NOT spoiled! I wish you still lived in Charlotte but one day we will have to meet in real life! For now, I love being blogging friends with you!