Friday, August 3, 2012

New Recipes From This Week

In the beginning of the week I sat down to plan out my meals for the week and boy did it make a difference! I went through my cabinets to see what I already had and made a list of only the things I would need for certain recipes. It was super hard not to get sucked into buy things I wanted... but didn't need. I ended up following my meal plan almost perfectly! With that being said, I wanted to share 2 new recipes I tried this week that I can't wait to make again!

Black Bean Burgers:
This recipe is super easy requires minimal ingredients... my favorite kind.

Ingredients:
1 can of black beans
Onion powder
1 egg white
Salt and Pepper
Garlic salt
Rolled oats
Bread crumbs

Start by emptying the can of black beans into a bowl, using a spoon or a fork begin mashing the beans so that some become broken. 
Add bread crumbs, egg white, and oats- I didn't really measure these I just eye balled it to where I thought it would help them stick together. Add onion powder, garlic salt, and salt and pepper
Form into patties and set in fridge to set for a bit. This recipe makes 2 burgers, which is perfect for bringing the second to work the next day for lunch!

Cook the burgers like you would any other- I used a skillet pan and cooked them for about 8 minutes on each side

Add a slice of cheese and you are in business! 

The end result:
.

Another recipe I tried out this week was quinoa pudding! I found the recipe from Whole Living and modified it here and there but overall it did not disappoint and I loved it!

 Unfortunately I did not remember to take any pictures of the step by step process but if you like quinoa, I highly recommend you check out this recipe! It has been great to have in the morning with some almond butter and banana or at night topped with walnuts!

I am currently planning out my meals for next week, being that I am headed to the Farmer's Market tomorrow I wanted to have some idea of what to get!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


Yours truly, 
Em



No comments: