Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My new favorite recipe/obsession

In yesterday's post I mentioned I had made a protein pancake and definitely wanted to to devote a whole post on just how amazing these things are! I have heard of protein pancakes and seen them for quite some time now but was always scared to make one because they didn't seem like they would 1) taste good 2) if they would actually be filling. I was incredibly wrong on both accounts and protein pancakes have officially become a favorite to make in the morning or as a quick dinner when I don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. 

Here are the ingredients:
2 egg whites
1/2 banana mashed
Vanilla protein powder (or any flavor you like)
Chia seeds
A dash of rolled oats
A splash of almond milk

Mix all the above ingredients together and pour it into a pan like you would a pancake and...
Voila!

 I topped mine with almond butter and a bit of honey and boy was it awesome! I ate half of it before I remembered I would definitely want to share this recipe with everyone. Next time I make a protein pancake I may add some blueberries or strawberries to spice it up a bit but the original could not be more satisfying! 

Have you ever tried a protein pancake or a variation of one?

Yours truly, 
Em




2 comments:

Nadine said...

I've read about protein pancakes and always wondered if they would be as good as everyone said. I'll have to try them now. Where do you get chia seeds though?

Eloquently Emily said...

The ones I use are from whole foods! They have a great selection to choose from!