Friday, March 30, 2012

So where the heck am I moving..

Sorry to leave everyone with a cliff hanger yesterday but I thought it would be more exciting to spread the good news over a few days! I will officially be moving to the lovely city of... Richmond! Not too far from home, not too Northern, and still in the south... I am one happy girl. Other then visiting Richmond for my interview a few weeks ago, I had never been there before, but was very excited to see the city and what it had to offer. It definitely has a "downtown" area and a few neighborhoods that I was able to walk around and get acquainted with. Here's a few of the different areas I was able to see and can't wait to get back to!

1. Cary Town
 Cary town is about 9 blocks of shops, restaurants, boutiques, salons... basically everything! I spent a good few hours walking up and down the blocks checking out the different shops. 


2.  The Fan
The Fan is a large area of apartments and houses, most of which are Victorian but renovated beautifully.This is also a popular place for younger crowds to live that I have been looking into!


3. Short Pump
Holy shopping. This "outdoor mall" had some of the greatest shopping spots- Lulu lemon, Apple, Francesca's, H&M, Gap, Macys.. the list could go on. I loved that it was all outside and I actually got lucky and was able to walk around on a day when it was 70 and sunny!


Unfortunately I was not able to get to Shockoe Bottom but I have heard so many great things, I am dying to get there before I move to check it out.

If anyone is from Richmond or lives there now, I would LOVE advice on places to live, where to shop, workout.. the whole nine yards! 

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

Yours Truly,
Em

2 comments:

Allyson McGuire said...

How exciting! I've never been before but just from this, it sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Royar said...

How exciting! I absolutely adore Richmond! Short Pump is a lovely area, as well as downtown! XO