Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A New Breakfast Favorite + Starbucks Copy



I am fortunate enough to live just a few blocks away from Starbucks, it makes for the perfect mid week or Friday treat and also times when I don't have time to make breakfast. One of my favorite things to get from Starbucks no matter the time of day is their Egg White Spinach Feta wrap... it is amazing. Not only is it yummy, its under 300 calories! Last week I noticed I had all the ingredients to make a wrap myself and decided I would try it out...


Ingredients:
1 whole wheat tortilla 
3 Egg whites
1/2 cup of frozen spinach
A sprinkle of feta 

Start by cooking your egg whites, I chose to do egg white but this could easily be made by scrambling the whole egg. 
While your eggs are cooking microwave the frozen spinach for 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on how much you use and your microwave power. 
Add frozen spinach into eggs and stir while still on the stove. 
Once your eggs are cooked and well incorporated with the spinach, pour mixture onto tortilla and top with feta! 

This was a super easy breakfast to throw together that I will definitely be making again and could even be added to with different veggies such as tomato or peppers!

Bon Appetit! 

Yours truly, 
Emily

3 comments:

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

YUM! This sounds awesome!!! xx

Tess said...

Yum! I live a few blocks from a Starbucks too and my favorite breakfast sandwich is the turkey bacon on an english muffin. I always toss the top of the muffin in the trash before I leave though, just to keep it a little less indulgent.

Chelsea said...

Yummy!!! This looks delish- and healthy too! I love the idea of adding peppers!