Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Back At It: Holiday Recap


Somehow my blogger scheduler was feeling sluggish after the holidays and my post did not make it up yesterday. Here's Monday's post:

Happy Monday friends. Anyone else absolutely struggling this morning back at work? My alarm going off this morning seemed like a bit of a joke after several days off at home but Monday is here and this girl is back at work. I can't even put into words how much I enjoyed my time at home, it was thoroughly needed and I am already missing my friends and family.

Before I get into my recap of my time at home, I did want to mention something I am very excited to share and that is that I will be moving AGAIN in just a few weeks! As of last week, I signed a house with 2 friends and will be moving to Raleigh. For the past few months I have been living in Durham, and while my commute to work has been short and sweet, I am so far away from where most of my friends live in Raleigh. I am beyond thrilled about our sweet little home and can't wait to share more pictures once we move in!

Now back to the Holidays...
I got in town late Tuesday night and pretty much immediately went to bed. In the morning it was coffee, enjoying all of my mom's wonderful Christmas decorations, and relaxing before spin class. My best friend, Alison teaches spin and I was thrilled when she told me she was teaching a 90 minute class on Christmas Eve morning. 


After spin, which was amazing and left me already ready for a nap, I headed home to get ready for our Christmas Eve party. My mom, grandma, and I went to Christmas Eve mass at 4 then hopped home to finish some last minute touches and dishes



Christmas Day and the day after we're spent visiting family and more friends and lots of relaxing. I got to fit in another spin and core class on Friday and I think my legs are still sore. Friday night was pizza and movie night with my family and one of my favorite parts of break. 

Saturday it was time to change out of pjs for errands and shopping with mom before having friends over and heading out for a bit. Two of my friends from college were in town for the Redskins/cowboys game and we decided to venture downtown annapolis that night for a few drinks. 



Sunday I grabbed lunch with the family and more snuggle session with this guy before getting on the road. 


Overall it was such a great time and I am so thankful for the time off. This week will be spent unpacking, lots of laundry, and getting back into the routine of things. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! 

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann





No comments: