Monday, February 25, 2013

Scenes From The Weekend

Monday Monday...we meet again. However unlike the past few Mondays where I've felt exhausted from working the weekend and not quite prepared to face another week... this Monday I am feeling much better. This weekend I had the pleasure of being off and while I was not feeling my best on Friday, a little R&R is all the doctor ordered and I am feeling not 100% but overall much better. 

On Friday I laid around all day, and lucky for me is was rainy gross day and made for a perfect lounging day. 
View from my couch all snuggled watching the rain. On Friday I made a decision that I'm still not quite sure how I feel about... I started watching Downtown Abbey. I have heard rave reviews and wanted to see what all the fuss was about and let me just say... I have a new obsession. I had plans to lay low and finish up season one when I got suckered into meeting up with some friends for the night. 

We met up a local brewery for a couple beers and live music. 

Obviously a few beers turned into too many and before I knew it we were headed downtown to continue to the fun. 


Saturday morning I woke up feeling less then stellar but was quickly picked up by a fabulous breakfast at the one and only... Cracker Barrel.  I stayed pretty healthy and chose the Egg and Cheese sliders on a thin whole wheat toast and fresh fruit. After breakfast I managed to pull myself to the gym and completed a good hour cardio session. The rest of Saturday afternoon and night were spent finished season 1 and 2 of Downtown Abbey... pathetic or an accomplishment, I'll let you decide. 

Sunday I was up early and headed to church... yes you read that right... I went to church. Although I went to private school all the way until college, I have never found myself to be as religious as I could. Sunday morning I awoke with no plans and thought there is no better time then today to work on my relationship with  God. Luckily for me, there is a catholic church just a block away from me. It was a beautiful service and I left afterwards feeling refreshed and happy to start my day on such a peaceful yet humbling mood. 


My lovely Sunday didn't stop there, I was able to squeeze in a quick Barre class and although I normally advocate for Sundays being strictly rest days, I felt even more energized and ready for the day following class. After Barre I headed to my obligatory Sunday spot...
Barnes to catch up on some mags and enjoy an iced coffee. It's such a small treat but one that I look forward to every Sunday. I look at it as my "me" time. 

The rest of Sunday included lots of laundry, more Downtown Abbey and a quick sprint run...
It was way too nice of a day not to head out a little run and while I had no intention of turning it into a sprint, I would say averaging a 5.30 mile is pretty good. So much for Sundays being for rest. 


How did you spend your weekend?

Yours truly, 
Em



1 comment:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

I am just catching up on my blog reading and GEEZ girl- 5:30/mile is NOT resting.

xo
ann e