Friday, February 22, 2013

High Five For Friday + A Little More

Happy Friday Y'all! Unfortunately I am writing this post home while sick at home feeling miserable but hey its still Friday! Maybe it was the almost 60 hour work week last week, or the traveling earlier in the week but I have been plagued with stuffy nose, achy, and sore throat. Today will be spent with EmergenC and catching up on my DVR. Pretty sure I haven't watched the past 2 weeks of Bach so I have lots of catching up to do!

This week I decided to participate in High Five For Friday so here's a few things that made the week go by just a bit quicker. 



A pumpkin pie inspired smoothie! Spinach, almond milk, ice, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and a bit of almond butter. I know its not fall anymore but I'm still a sucker for anything pumpkin and it was delicious!


An easy Tuesday girls nights out. It had been too long since the group of girls I hang out with got together and we finally set a date for this past Tuesday. We went to one of our favorite spots, sipped wine, shared some apps and had a great time!

I was all about the smoothies this week! I got this recipe from Ashley over at Turquoise & Teale. It was a PB&J inspired smoothie and it did not disappoint.


Earlier in the week I mentioned being back in North Carolina for a day and while I was there, got to stay with one of my best friends from college. She and her boyfriend were such wonderful hosts and made a delicious Sunday supper of homemade gumbo! It had shrimp, tilapia, mahi mahi, and lots of veggies. 

Saturday night I have plans to meet up with a few friends at Casa Del Barco for a few drinks and maybe head out for a little bit. Hopefully I will be feeling better by then and can venture out for a little bit. A few weeks ago I was able to visit this little gem and ended up loving it. It has a great atmosphere and the great drinks didn't hurt either. 

It's situated right along the river and although it looks like run down building, the inside is fabulous! I'll try to remember to take some pictures on Saturday if I make it but if you are near the Richmond area definitely check it out!


No comments: