Thursday, September 14, 2017

Fall Bucket List

Fall Bucket List


Now that we are half way through September and just a week away from the first day of Fall, it finally feels appropriate to break into all things fall related. I have yet to have anything pumpkin related or even break out any fall candles. Today I thought it would be fun to share a bucket list of activities I am hoping to do this fall...

1. Last year I kept waiting on our landlord to powerwash our house before decorating for fall and wouldn't you know he didn't get around to it until right before Christmas. This year I plan pick up a few mums and pumpkins for the front steps and hoping to maybe even make a fall wreath.

2. A few years ago I hosted a pumpkin carving party with a few girlfriends and I am thinking I need to bring it back this year. Everyone bought their own pumpkin, there was lots of wine and we even watched Hocus Pocus.

3. Another thing I didn't get around to doing last year was baking an apple pie. I've made several in the past and once you get the hang of it its not as intimidating as one might think.

4. There is nothing like being in the mountains when the leaves have just started to change and there's a crisp in the air. I am hopefully going to Asheville the end of this month and can't wait to get in a hike and drive along the Blue Ridge.

5. Today is the first day I am using my crock pot for the start of fall recipes and I am so excited. I love being able to smell dinner as I am walking in the door, not to mention it simplifies dinner planning so much. Tonight I am making White bean Turkey Chili.

6. Last year we threw Friendsgiving for the first time and had so much fun. We provided the turkey and everyone brought a side, dessert, or a bottle of wine and it turned out perfect.

7. Because what else screams fall but going to pick apples, drink apple cider, and if your lucky get apple donuts.

8. This is our first fall living in our new house and we have yet to make use of the fire pit in our backyard. I'm thinking a fire pit party is a must with pumpkin beer, chili, and s'mores.

9. Lucky for me I've already been to one ECU game so far this season but hopefully I will be able to get in a few more before the end of the season.

10. This one is a bit random but I think I am finally read to go back to being a solid brunette. Over the summer I added a lot of blonde to my hair and while I loved that I pushed myself outside of my comfort zone, I am ready for my brown locks back.

What are some of your plans for the fall?

Yours truly,
Emily Ann

1 comment:

Alex M-S @ Commas & Carbs said...

I love seeing what other people have on their fall bucket lists! Love all these get together ideas. We have a friendsgiving with my girlfriends every year and we have loved doing it. I think this year boyfriends are invited so we'll see how that one goes ;) And I've declared this weekend as the weekend I get back on my chili game. It's one of my very favorite parts of this season. It's just so cozy!