Thursday, February 5, 2015

Skincare: What Works

Skincare: What Works




While picking out different products at Sephora, I was asked if I exfoliate to which I replied I use my Clarisonic about every other day. The woman at Sephora seemed to be appalled by my answer and said that out first task was to pick an actual exfoliator and continued to educate me on the importance of using an exfoliating product- not just my Clarisonic. She recommended the Peter Roth Peeling Gel and I have to say I am hooked. I remove all of my makeup with a makeup wipe first, then dry my skin and apply a small amount of the gel and massage over skin in circular motions. Within a minutes small beads have formed over my skin with as gross as it sounds- dead skin cells! Next I add a small amount of water and continue working up the dead cells and then rinse with warm water. I use this about 3 times a week and so far I am obsessed. 


I have been using this serum everyday- both morning and night. It has a really nice citrus scent and I love the way it seems to waken up my skin the morning. Even after just using it a little over a week, my face seems overall brighter and leaves it smooth and soft. 

I was given this cleanser as gift around Christmas time and I am just now getting around to using it. I have heard great things about this brand but had yet to try them out until now. On days when I am not using the peeling gel, I will use this sometimes at night or in the morning to just rinse my face off of products I have use overnight or during the day. While I can't say I think it's anything to rave over, I will continue using it but not sure I plan on purchasing again. 

This was recommended by the woman at Sephora and I hate to admit it but I am not loving it. While it does a great job of making my eyes feel moisturized, it doesn't appear to brighten the area under my eyes. I think this would be ok to just use at night but I will be definitely looking for something a bit more powerful for my morning routine. 

One of the things I knew I wanted to find was a good night cream to slather one my face right before bed. This overnight mask is extremely mositurizing, so much so that I think I only need to use it 2-3 times a week. The next morning after using this, my face is so soft and buttery, its hard to want to wash it off. If you are looking for a new night cream/overnight mask- this one is amazing and something I will definitely continue to use. 

This weekend I am heading back to Sephora to pick up a few more products I have reviewed and am wanting to try including this mask and this tinted hydrating gel. 

What are some of your favorite skincare products?

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann

1 comment:

Pink and Fabulous said...

I was super disappointed with the All About Eyes, too. I have to try the moisturizing mask!