Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Total Body Cleanse Review


Last week I kicked off my week by starting a Total Body Cleanse. I chose to do the Whole Foods 365 
7 Day Cleanse.

I talked briefly about it last week but the cleanse included 3 parts:
Liver Cleanse- 2 pills to be taken in the morning with or without food
Acacia Fiber Drink- 1 scoop of powder mixed with water
Colon Cleanse- 3 pills to be taken at nighttime 

The drink surprisingly had no taste and wasn't a struggle to take twice a day.The pills also were not bad either, a tad big but that's coming from someone who doesn't like taking pills. 

Day one was a serious struggle. It was my first day of going without coffee and it was rough! I had headaches ALL day and just felt really sluggish. 
Day two and three were a little bit better, less headaches but still felt my self lagging behind. 
Day four and five things starting improving but I was feeling frustrated from feeling no difference in my body. Day five ended on Saturday, when I decided enough was enough and I wanted to enjoy my weekend with the things I loved... aka coffee and wine. 

This may be TMI but I only went to the bathroom normally once a day and since that's normal for me anyway, I wasn't sure if it was working. Now, don't get me wrong... I did not want to be running to the bathroom constantly but did expect to be going more then normal. I also had read reviews saying you feel lighter and more balanced... yea that was a no for this girl. 

I kept my eating mostly plant based and ate a ton of veggies and fruit occasionally. I also stayed away from anything processed and avoided carbs. The only time I cheated was in the morning to have steel cut oats because I was feeling I needed a little extra something to get my day started. 

Overall I'm not sure I would do it again, seeing as how I didn't have much luck with results. However I am glad I tried it and I can now say I have tried a whole body cleanse! I've been looking into a 3 day juice cleanse through Blueprint and will definitely keep you posted! 

Have you tried a cleanse before?


Yours truly, 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

I'm disappointed to hear you didn't get the results you wanted. I just purchased this at Whole Foods and am hoping this will be just the cleanse I need to kick start a healthy routine again and clean my system.

Thanks for sharing ;)Hopefully you have better luck with Blueprint. I've looked into that as well, but unfortunately it doesn't fit in my budget!

Jacqueline
www.purelypeanut.com

Homemade detox cleanse said...

Yeah it's good to aware everyone about cleansing and detoxification process. One more i.e, Totalcleansedetoxdiet also provide couple of cleansing processes like kidney cleanse diet, homemade detox cleanse. This processes involves drinking lots of water, eating fresh fruit and vegetables. Also, this process helps to remove toxic substances from your body and let working it properly.

Godocweb said...

such an interesting article diet plays an important role in our life
I also have articles on health awareness have a look
https://godocweb.com/