Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Veggie Quinoa Salad


Today I am sharing a quick easy salad that can be thrown together in the beginning of the week and makes a great lunch throughout the week. I used this recipe as inspiration but as always, decided to make it my own. 


Ingredients:
1 cup of quinoa 
1 cup of corn
3 roma tomatoes chopped
1 cup of chick peas
3-4 small yellow and orange peppers chopped
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Cook quinoa according to the package instructions. While quinoa is cooking, chop tomatoes and peppers. Once quinoa is finished cooking, allow it to cool at room temperature before adding in veggies. To make dressing mix 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 table spoons of lemon juice. Top with a dash of salt and pepper and enjoy! 

Yours truly, 
Emily 

3 comments:

Carly said...

This looks so good and refreshing! I love anything with chickpeas and have just started using quinoa- I'd just skip the tomatoes :)

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

I am obsessed with chickpeas and this recipe looks divine!

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Yummy I'm going to have to try this one! I'm always looking for good salads to make that will last all week