Monday, October 6, 2014

Scenes From A Perfect Weekend

This weekend was in one word: perfect. I was spoiled with a few days off between jobs and absolutely took every opportunity to soak up relaxing and spending time with friends. Wednesday I had my last day at previous job and blown away with sweet goodbyes and a huge breakfast to send me off. We're talking pancakes, eggs, donuts, bagels, yogurt, fruit... the whole bit. I was so sad to say bye to my work family but also so excited to start my new adventure. 

Thursday I headed to my new place and spent most of the day unpacking and getting settled. Thursday night I headed to meet one of my best friends that lives in Raleigh for dinner and drinks. I am so happy to be closer to her and so many of my other friends, we had so much fun catching up and making future plans. Friday I was up early to finish the last bit of unpacking before I headed out in search of some coffee and breakfast. After getting lost in the city and making numerous circles, I finally caved and texted my roommate for a recommendation. Boy did she make a great one, I had the best Almond Milk latte from Cocoa Cinnamon. Their menu was a bit overwhelming but I can't wait to go back and try some of their other options aka the Dr. Durham. 
'


The rest of Friday was spent checking out the YMCA downtown for a spin class and running a few errands to pick up some odds and ends for my room. Luckily my roommates have the room furnished so most of my stuff will stay in storage until the move to Raleigh in a few months. Friday night I headed out in downtown Raleigh with some friends. 

Saturday I will admit I was feeling a bit under the weather but after a staple visit to Bojangles, I was ready to tackle the day. The weather was so nice I decided there was no better way to spend the day then at the Wide Open Bluegrass Festival. It was so much fun and we were able to see so many amazing bands. My favorites included Yonder Mountain String Band, Kentucky Thunder with Bruce Hornsby, and Billy Strings with Don Julin. I also couldn't believe how cold it got Saturday night! I would be lying if I said I have been wishing for fall weather but sure enough was freezing that night and drinking hot chocolate. 


After the concert we headed for some good 'ol comfort food at Mecca in Raleigh and opted for classic grilled cheese and fries. 


Sunday morning was spent relaxing and with tastes of fall aka pumpkin spice oatmeal and coffee... yum


I also whipped up some yummy meals for the week including this veggie quinoa salad, recipe to come!


Sunday ended with sweet potato chili in the crock pot, some reading outside and a trip to the movies to see Gone Girl. I read the book so long ago I had forgotten the ending and was absolutely blown away.  Overall it was such a great weekend and I am looking forward to more just like it in my new home! Today is officially my first day for my new job, here's to a new start and new adventure! 

How did you spend your weekend?

Yours truly, 
Emily 




No comments: