Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thoughts For Thursday



This week is absolutely flying by and I could not be happier that tonight is the official start to my weekend! Today I am linking up again for Annie and Natalie's new link up- Thoughts for Thursday! 

+ From working the past two weekends and a six day stretch I am beyond ready for 3 solid days off! Hello DVR, sleeping in, and catching up with friends,

+ This week I went back to the old school method of actually brewing coffee as opposed to using a keurig and was surprised how much more I enjoyed the flavor. I am a major coffee person, for the morning effects and also its one of my flavors!

+ I am dying to try out this new foundation and have heard nothing but rave reviews!

+ Last week at work we celebrated 3 end of chemo treatments in 1 day! We threw a party for all 3 patients and I am still thinking about how much fun it was and how amazing those kiddos are.

+ Last week I talked about getting back in gear with working out and eating a more clean diet. Things are still going strong and here's a breakdown of how things are looking...

Breakfast normally consists of 2 egg whites and greek yogurt with berries and a drizzle of honey.
Lunch is tuna mixed with avocado and a hard boiled egg. I also normally have either a piece of fruit or apple and almond butter.
Dinner has been rotating but consisted of salmon, roasted veggies, quinoa, baked tofu, kale... lots of different things. 

As for work outs I have been getting them in before work which has felt awesome. I normally hit the gym 2-3 times for cardio + weights, yoga one morning, an outdoor run, and spin class. So far I am feeling great and looking forward to continuing this routine! 

+ One last thought to get us through the day...



Be sure to check out Annie and Natalie's link up for your own Thoughts on Thursday! 


Yours truly,
Emily 


5 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Way to go with the healthy living kick! You are motivating me for sure. Glad you have a few days off to look forward to! xo

Nat said...

Love that quote!! After such a busy week you deserve a long weekend of sleeping in and watching DVR. Good job on your working out and clean eating.

Ally Harding said...

Good for you for working out!! I've been working a lot more as well and it make such a difference in how you feel and your attitude towards life!

Unknown said...

Love your list of foods for each day. I am trying to eat cleaner as well and eliminate flour and sugar from my diet the best that I can!! I know it makes me feel better, but that damn wine always gets me :) Thanks for linking up!!

Chelsea said...

Love your blog! New follower here from the Thursday linkup! I'm trying to eat cleaner right now too.